Industry report: Fund manager changes Q1 2021
As part of our investment process, our Manager Research Team meticulously screens the full universe of asset managers and their investment strategies, following a quantitative and qualitative process. We assess managers based on the three precise drivers and philosophies that underpin their investment performance: investment skill, risk factors and idiosyncratic style.
Integral to our ongoing process, is close contact with the underlying fund managers to understand their performance, positioning and also any changes that have occurred within their businesses. Each quarter we publish an industry report with fund manager changes that collate the business and team-related highlights that occurred during the quarter.
Highlights for the quarter include:
- David Lerche, who was previously a senior investment analyst in the business, has become head of Equities.
- Duayne Le Roux has become the lead fund manager on the PSG Money Market Fund.
- Walter Jacobs has taken over the position of chief investment officer from Gary Quinn.
- The CIO Sam Houlie has resigned effective 31 March 2021.
- Daniel King joined Counterpoint effective 1 May 2021 as head of Fixed Income.
- Chris Reddy has resigned from Mazi to join a competitor.
First Avenue Investment Management
- Nadim Mohamad has decided to leave the business citing health complications
- Sahil Gyanda has joined FAIM from Cadiz.
Sanlam Investment Management
- Nanagolo Phiri joined the Sanlam Investment Group (SIG) as the new CEO of SanFin with effect from 01 March 2021
Click here to read the full report.